-------- Original message --------From: Josh Malone <josh.mal...@gmail.com>
Date: 12/17/20  1:34 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: m...@bitchin100.com Subject: Re:
[M100] Model 100 Repair - Keyboard not responding,
  LCD missing a column On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 11:30 AM
mcdonnell.junk<mcdonnell.j...@comcast.net> wrote:>> I am an electrical
engineer. That doesn't mean I am an expert in all things (or even a lot of
things), but my home lab is very well equipped with various scopes, logic
analyzers, eeprom and various other programmers, an eeprom emulator, processor
emulators, hot air rework station, electrical desoldering pump, microscopes,
hakko temp controlled irons, etc.... and at work I have access to pretty much
anything.>> The problem is sometimes my impatience, not knowledge. :)>> Point
is that I do have the right tools and experience to work on this stuff. But the
M100 is a new computer for me. I was a Commodore kid.>> If I break traces, I am
not freaked out by that. I can repair them properly. Of course, I would rather
not!>> Power supply rails were fine, btw. Of course that doesn't mean previous
owner didn't plug in 12V orĀ  reverse polarity adapter and just didn't tell me.
I bought it broken along with the working unit. But power supplies are stable
at the moment.>Cool! I never know what a person's comfort level w/ rework is
when thepost asking for repair tips. In case you weren't aware, the M100service
manual is excellent for troubleshooting issues w/ the
machine.https://archive.org/details/TandyM100ServiceManual