I have slain my white whale!

Finally got my latest Paladin MC-1 kit (for which I paid too much IMHO but this
has become an obsession for me), and to my relief the EME Rombo I saw in the
listing photos does indeed contain the MC-1 ROM necessary to make the measuring
calculator work.  Also, although there were many parts missing and the
re-badged T102 in the kit is in rough shape, the digitizer box does appear to
work (unlike the last one I got, whose major accomplishment was to transform a
pair of tantalum capacitors into magic smoke in under a minute).

If anybody has an MC-1 digitizer and no ROM, I've dumped it and posted it to my
Club100 member area
(http://club100.org/memfiles/index.php?&direction=0&order=nom&directory=Jim%20Anderson/Paladin%20MC-1).
  It works in REX but there isn't a lot you can do without the digitizer (you
can hit ESC from the main screen to play with the calculations menu, Reset
button to get out of it).  Someone who understands ML may find it an
interesting curiosity, who knows.

As time permits, I want to capture the serial data exchanged over the RS-232
link with the digitizer just to see what's going on.

        jim