From: Greg Swallow
Sent: Friday, January 1, 2021 8:01 AM
To: Scott McDonnell
Subject: Re: [M100] Retrobrighting. To do or not to do?

Hey Scott,

Have had great success with retrobright here in AZ. The sun here provides a
great deal of UV/heat; some times a bit intense. So you must be careful. Out of
a dozen or so I've had two that need to be re-done. They also have scars on the
clear display plastic (why I never put them on eBay) and yellowed up again due
to the place I stored them was on the sunny side of the house. As long as I
kept a close eye on them, things went well. I would check them every 20-30
minutes and touch up any dry spots with more retrobright.

Doing a keyboard can be tricky as the plastic parts of the keys can be brittle
and break if you're not real careful while removing the key caps. It can be
done, just take your time.

Check out the 8-Bit Guy on YouTube as he has a video of how he did
retrobrighting. An Amiga I think. He used a large tube of water with H2O2
rather than making the paste. He had no clear parts and, with my previous
experience, I wasn't ready to try submersing the M100 case. Not sure what % he
used. I've used 60% H2O2 from Sally Beauty.

As for yellowing being part of the "charm," Not so much. It's not like the
"patina" on a classic car. Of course, "patina" in AZ can get down to nothing,
but bare metal rather quickly.

God Bless,

GregS <><