Steve, I found the mComm 2.5. It's for Windows. I see.... It's install
program is called Setup250.exe!
Ok, I have a Windows computer I can use. But maybe the linux one will work
as well.

Any additional instructions for getting the ModelT to connect to the
computer running mcomm?

 Curtis Vaughan  |  Computer Consultant
               AvantGuard Computer and Security Systems
               Phone: (206) 423-6979 ▪ Web: www.avantguardsystems.com

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 3:45 PM AvantGuard Systems <
cavaug...@avantguardsystems.com> wrote:

> Steve,
> I like your set up. I see mcomm 1.20 on club100, but not a 2.50 version. I
> am running linux.
>
> http://www.club100.org/memfiles/index.php?&direction=0&order=&directory=Kurt%20McCullum/mComm%20Python
>
>  Curtis Vaughan  |  Computer Consultant
>                AvantGuard Computer and Security Systems
>                Phone: (206) 423-6979 ▪ Web: www.avantguardsystems.com
>

> On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 3:20 PM Steve Baker <stevebake...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello Curtis!
>>
>> You’re pursuing quite an adventure there, that’s for sure! I’m not sure
>> what your “ideal” situation would be, but if my setup helps then I’d be
>> happy to make a quick video and provide links to the standard cables that I
>> use (no need to rewire or create anything).
>>
>> For transferring files back and forth between the Model T and the
>> computer, my setup is from the Model T —> DB25 Male to DB9 Female cable —>
>> DB9 male to USB cable —> USB port in my computer —> mComm 2.50 program
>> (which is a really good one).
>>
>> It’s super easy to send and receive files using this setup, but if your
>> preference is to use an Android device or something, then sorry I can’t
>> help as I have not yet connected to anything fun like that. So… let me know
>> if this setup would be of any interest to you.
>>
>> Cheers and thanks,
>> Steve
>>

>> --
>> Greetings from Steve Baker
>> “Gravity brings me down…”
>>

>> On Feb 24, 2021, at 3:43 PM, AvantGuard Systems <
>> cavaug...@avantguardsystems.com> wrote:
>>
>> Now I'm re-reading the Club100 instructions and it looks like I have to
>> use the RS232 jack. That really changes things.....
>> The instructions say the best solution is to solder the wires to the DB25
>> connector. Where? The pin out makes no sense to me.
>>

>>  Curtis
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 11:45 AM AvantGuard Systems <
>> cavaug...@avantguardsystems.com> wrote:
>>
>>> OK, so it seems like the easiest thing for me to try for now is using an
>>> Android device, which I have plenty of. I've installed the mcomm program
>>> from Club100's website. Now I just have to figure out the proper pin out
>>> for a DB9 cable. Let me explain.
>>> I have a Cisco DB9 to RJ45 cord.
>>> The pin out is explained here:
>>> https://allpinouts.org/pinouts/cables/serial/cisco-console-rj45-to-db9-pin/
>>> When I look at the instructions on Club100 it looks like only pins 2-8
>>> are used.
>>>
>>> HOWEVER! I'm no electrician, but I tested each pin for the DB9 to RJ45
>>> and here's how they came out. First item is the DB9 pin and the second the
>>> RJ45 from the top (the side without the clip).
>>>
>>> 1 > 2
>>> 2 nowhere
>>> 3 > 6
>>> 4 > 7
>>> 5 > 4
>>> 6 > 2
>>> 7 > 8
>>> 8 > 1
>>> 9 nowhere
>>>
>>> Looking at various Cisco charts however, it seems to me that I'm reading
>>> things completely wrong. That the RJ45 should be read not from left to
>>> right, but the other way. And this lines up more with various Cisco docs.
>>> So that get us:
>>>
>>> 1 > 7
>>> 2 nowhere
>>> 3 > 3