On 2/27/2021 3:15 PM, Mike Stein wrote:
Unfortunately the board illustrated goes into the system ROM socket and I think the extra height of the plastic carrier would raise it too high; if I had the room I'd rather use it for a socket for the EPROM.
Yeah, I thought the height would be the larger concern.

Ran across a pic of some other IC adapters I use from time to time, mostly yours; thought you might get a kick out of seeing them used:

Hey!  I know those!

I *might* be able to talk to the suppliers about some type of even thinner "carrier" option.  Some of these suppliers seem willing to do custom designs, though it's typically 5K minimum order (not horrible, just need to consider how one might use the products).

Jim