https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S9JFK2V gold plated brass, 300ft, $14
or
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H9RBTPF   gold plated copper, 60ft, $5

It's actually kind of hard to tell for sure what many of the Amazon links are really made of. But this Aliexpress item at least explicitly says copper wire and real gold plating.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002047296739.html

I think brass would be a little better but maybe copper is strong enough.
I just did a mock-up test with some 23awg solid ethernet wire, and it uses 5.9mm of wire to make one leg.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mQnsaH5LVoQW2RdJ6

Rounding up to 6mm, this is $1.80 for over 830 legs.

I'm going to do up a board with this wire just to see how it goes, even though you wouldn't want bare copper legs for real, and 23awg is thicker than what I'm hoping for with 26awg or at most 24awg.

Still I really don't have much problem with the TE leads. What's so hard about this?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/628cwKMSYWkbg9Eb7
The advantage of the wire is just cost, availability, and gold plating.