Just wanted to point out that when it was suggested to rename the file, the
idea was to rename it on the PC end rather than typing a new name for it when
you load it through TS-DOS.  If you give a new name, it will only rename the
first part of the name - the two character extension cannot be changed during a
TS-DOS load or save operation and it will insist on keeping the original file
type.

One bit of key information you might not be aware of regarding file types, if
the file you are transferring is a plain text listing of a BASIC program it
must be transferred as a file ending in .DO so that the Model T will know it is
a text file.  You can then go into BASIC on the Model T and load it, at which
point it will tokenize it and you can save it as a tokenized .BA file.

If you load a .BA file using TS-DOS it must be a tokenized file.  You can check
by opening the .BA file in a text editor on your PC and see if it's a text
listing or if it's a lot of high-ASCII (looks like garbage) with some plain
text strings mixed in.

Another thing, something you had said in a prior message sounded to me like you
thought you needed to load the file from disk (the mComm server on the PC) and
then save it in RAM.  It's useful to remember that RAM in the Model T *is* the
filesystem, so you don't load into RAM and then save to local storage.  RAM is
the local storage.  What the Save function in TS-DOS is used for is to copy
files out of the RAM filesystem onto the disk device (the mComm server).  If
you've been hitting Load and Save on a bunch of files, maybe take a minute to
double-check what's in your mComm TPDD folder to make sure you didn't write
back some of these empty or 1-byte files into your PC...

The easiest way to remember the meaning of Load and Save is to remember that
originally you were Loading files from and Saving files to an external
battery-powered floppy drive (the Tandy Portable Disk Drive, hence the acronym
TPDD).  Now, we're using a PC with mComm or LaddieAlpha or dlplus or other TPDD
emulators, so we're Loading from or Saving to those devices.

Aside from these things (which are useful bits of info to know when you are
just starting out), I agree that it does sound like your Model T filesystem is
corrupt.  The easiest thing to inject is TEENY because it's, well, tiny :) but
IMHO even though it's bigger the easiest to deal with would be TSLOAD (by
transferring the contents of TSL100.DO from Joshua's S3 bucket which he just
posted about).  This will create TSLOAD.CO in your machine which loads TS-DOS
on demand from the PC whenever you need it, so it's not taking up so much of
your Model T's RAM.

        jim