Cool, so newbie mistakes and ignorance. As long as my computer's working
properly. :)

What threw me off is in the book, (pg.25) it talks about returning usually
0 and printing STACK EMPTY, which is definitely not how the machine behaved
when trying it.

I don't expect everything to have bounds checking, but I'm using .S a lot
to inspect the stack, so having to reset the machine all the time and start
over kind of sucks. If I knew more about the system maybe I could rewrite
.S to know if it's looking at the stack or what's underneath?

About the editor: I skipped over the whole chapter on the arcane line
editor and page/block-based disk storage since this machine has none of
that. Using TEXT with .DO files works ok, as long as whatever I'm doing
doesn't trample the files in RAM.

Thanks for the tutorial videos, Birt. They've been helpful! If I had a C=64
kicking around here I would definitely give DurexForth a try.