| Modifying .S to indicate a stack underflow error would be reasonable. It's a
debugging tool, and not used by programs so it doesn't impact performance.

I’m not sure how that would work since .S has no idea what you think should be
on the stack at any given time. It can only show you what is there now.

Most of the issues I had getting started was forgetting the effect on the stack
of operations I was carrying out, forgetting I needed to do DUP first, etc. I
wound up doing a lot of ‘paper coding’, writing down each word on a different
line and comment to the left of it was the stack contents would be after it was
done. This was a great benefit to seeing what was happening.

Jeff Birt