Last time I had an unstable machine, I just used a quick basic program
with POWER CONT, a delay loop, a cycle counter, and BEEP (so I could
notice across the house when it had died). But, in my case, I knew
(or, STRONGLY suspected) that the fault was in the power supply and
that the rest of the machine was likely fine.