I got tired of running into simple fixable things and other update opportunities in the M100SIG, and having no good place to put them.

https://github.com/bkw777/Living_M100SIG

Similarly, having no good way to reference and link to individual files or directories. I was using archive.org's ability to link to files within a zip but it's still not that convenient, either for me or for the reader.

The first example: A few months ago while working on creating a portable downloadable replacement for the cassette-only installer for Disk Power KC-85, I needed a CO2BA for K85 and there wasn't one. But I managed to port a version for 100 to K85. And then had no good place to put it. Ideally, it should go right there next to the 100 version.

And there's no reason not to. The original M100SIG is of course a historical artifact by now, but it's contents were highly mutable and transient and casual right up until it was collected into that zip. It was all ongoing progress up to then. There is nothing especially final or perfect about 99% of the contents. It was just an arbitrary point in time when a service was shut down.

I could just as easily have written this exact same little file in 1985 instead of 2021 and if I had, the file would have gone right there. (In fact I literally could have, since I was 15 and this wouldn't have been beyond my abilities at the time. I just didn't have a modem, or money for Compuserve, or a KC-85!)

I rely on the front page readme and the by-now well understood basic nature of a revision control system to take care of documenting the difference between the original files and the new or modified files.