> On Sep 25, 2022, at 8:59 PM, Daryl Tester
> <dt-m...@handcraftedcomputers.com.au> wrote:
>
> I've got a todo item to see how
> to enable the dev_dbg() messages

I looked, hoping to spare you from rebooting with debug enabled the old
fashioned way.

If the kernel has DYNAMIC_DEBUG=y [1] then:
https://stackoverflow.com/a/63682160

TL;DR: mount debugfs if not mounted, tell
/sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control the kernel file you want output from,
look in kern.log

Just tested the debug control procedure against ftdi_sio.c and it worked fine
to produce some output.  Unfortunately said serial chip is downstairs and I'm
stuck upstairs for several more hours so it's a bit inconvenient to
reinitialize the chip from here to watch it come up.

DYNAMIC_DEBUG is pretty neat!  It didn't exist last time I touched driver code.

[1] https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v4.11/admin-guide/dynamic-debug-howto.html