I came across this tiny little board on the Pine64 site, and I wonder...

PineNut Wifi/BLE board <https://pine64.com/product/pinenut-model01s-wifi-ble5-module/?v=0446c16e2e66>

this thing is about 1" by 2/3" (25 x 14mm), and as I understand it provides wifi and bluetooth, via serial (TTL or UART, I think).

I think it could be mounted internally to the M100 (dunno about M102). Maybe a 200, too.

IF one could connect it to the modem serial connection, one could then theoretically use it to connect via wifi/bluetooth, and switch to the external rs232 port, keeping its functionality, with a minimum of "destruction" to the M100.

Or maybe, connect it to the barcode scanner, which, if possible for regular comms with the module, would leave you able to use the rs232 and the wifi at the same time.

I'm interested in any opinions on this, because imo it could massively improve the functionality of the M100 (yes, I know the same essential thing is possible with some of the wifi-capable arduino boards, but all I've seen of them are much larger than this).