On Wed, Dec 28, 2022 at 12:54 PM Ken Pettit <petti...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had never used the Google Drive integration feature of CloudT before,
> but I just tried it and it is pretty nice!
>
> Would be cool to have a feature where you could make snapshots of your
> RAM to your Google Drive (kinda like a REX backup), but don't know if
> that is possible or if so, how difficult.  Of course that would then
> just be *one more* project to work on ;-)

Thanks for a taking a look at it.

As to RAM images on Drive It's a good idea, and it could be done without
too much trouble. It already keeps a RAM image in the localdb for CloudT
app in your browser's user directory. So if you use CloudT again all your
RAM files you loaded last time are still there. I could put a variable in
the localdb that records a given file in Google Drive to be used as the RAM
image. So once you log in, it could switch to the... uh...  cloud T image.

By the way, staging Google Drive individual files is obvious currently but
you can also upload files to Google Drive. Once you CSAVE to the cassette
queue, if you're logged in, you can click on the file's cloud download
(upload?) icon and it pushes it  to Google Drive.

Definitely would live up to the "Cloud" moniker better being able to have
your current RAM image on any browser you might use, rather than it being
tied to a machine/browser localdb. That said I was thinking of changing the
name to CloadT because it's funny and actually more accurate to its unique
features.

One other thing... I'd like to come up with a way to share instant-loading
RAM images and programs with others. So you can share a URL or URL QR code
of a Model 100 program that loads and launches instantly. I don't have a
mental roadmap of that yet though. In particular I'd probably need to
resolve cross site scripting issues. So you could host your program/image
on Google Drive or any http server, but still launch it with the bitchin100
CloudT server.

Maybe it's not complicated. I'd like for CloudT not to have to store or
proxy the content. But it also wouldn't be much data anyway and I have
practically unlimited dreamhost data to burn.

-- John.