On Sun, Mar 5, 2023 at 4:47 PM Justin Poirier <gen.ele...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's the line number, not some new quirk of the Y2K bug. ;-)
>
> I saw PCSG's Business Analyst as an option ROM in Cloud T and thought
> I'd try it. CALL 63012, and it gives the splash screen while it loads,
> shows some preliminary numbers on the screen, looking promising, and
> then give an "FC Error in 1938."
>
> There is no program listing upon doing a LIST, so this is a pretty
> typical machine code crash in my book.
>
> I thought I'd try it on real hardware, just to be sure, so I burned a
> ROM and put it in my 102. It blows up the exact same way. I manually
> did a full cold restart on it, and the result is the same. It does
> leave it's mark in the menu so I can load it without the CALL, but it's
> dead software unless there's some trick to making it load. Any ideas on
> what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> --Justin

It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong. Some ROMs have a
different install CALL but I doubt that's the issue.

For my part, I've never really used this opt rom. I just dropped it into
CloudT since it is available. Might have checked to see it launch... which
it does, shows a banner, but if you hit enter you get the crash.

I'd like to hear if anyone else uses it with whatever version of the Opt
ROM they have... maybe I have a corrupted file.

-- John.