Charlie,
Hard to say what's wrong.
In an ideal situation, I'd like to get it back and root cause the problem.

So, yoo could send it back and I send you a replacement.

Short of that,  a rebuild would be what is needed.

Release 2.1 to do a rebuild are posted on the wiki, along with
instructions.

Option 1.  Refresh the rom.  This puts a freshness copy of rex manager in
the flash.  It preserves your saved images and directory.

If that does not work..

Option 2.  Rebuild.  This is a complete wipe and reset to original, erasing
the contents.

Your rom images are likely there and still fine.  I've never written tools
tor ecover them.  If you need those images I could probably recover them
for you if you send me the rex#.

..steve