Thanks for the updates! I tried the following:

1. Flash REX# firmware via TPDD, which appeared to work but then exhibited
the same behavior of trying to load some ghost image on start and then
crashing
2. Flash REX# with the test.do, which I realize would lose the flash images
but I've got backups. However this also crashes, though with some
old-school panache, video here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/XfT9VQaVRBXG4HHM7

@Steve Thank you for the offer but I am pretty sure I have things backed
up. If I don't have any luck doing the full reflash, I may drop you a line
directly. This 102 is occasionally flakey, so once I'm back near another
machine I will give it one more go and see if it's 102 specific or if I've
bricked my poor rex.

Thanks again,
-Charlie