that has been there for a while in snl, but it does not work on some web pages.
I don't' remember where it is.
On Jul 24, 2011, at 2:31 PM, Dónal Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> One useful feature in Lion is the ability to use VO to select things.  I've
> managed to select text in pages and Preview using the following method.  I
> don't to pretend to have tested it thoroughly, and I might be wrong about
> some details, so don't shoot the messenger. :-)
>
> 1.  find the block of text on the page and then interact.
> 2.  Now, use vo-Enter to start the selection process.
> 3.  Move along with vo-rightarrow until you hit the end of the text you want,
> then press vo-enter again.
> 4.  Now hit cmd-c, and go to the textedit window you want to copy the text to.
>
> As  I said, may be useful, may not.
>
> Dónal
> On 24 Jul 2011, at 20:38, John Panarese wrote:
>
>>  The service is still there.  You might have to go into System Preferences
>> under the Keyboard pane in the shortcuts view to activate it again.  At
>> least, I had to do this to get it to work again.
>>
>> Take Care
>> John Panarese
>> jpanar...@mac-access.net
>>

>> On Jul 24, 2011, at 3:29 PM, Paul Hopewell wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> Has anyone discovered a good way to select a block of text from a web page
>>> on Lion so that the text can be pasted into another document?
>>>
>>> On Snow Leopard I used to press command+A to select all the text in the
>>> Safari window, then use the Safari service "new textedit window containing
>>> selection" which would copy the Safari text into a TextEdit window, and
>>> then copy the required text from the textedit window. Alas the service
>>> option "new TextEdit window containing selection" seems to have been
>>> removed in Lion. On Snow Leopard I was sometimes able to simply interact
>>> with the Safari page and use the arrow keys to select the desired text in
>>> the normal way. That does not seem to work on Lion either.
>>>
>>> So I tried the attached approach (which I had never used on Snow Leopard)
>>> and that does not seem to work on Lion either!
>>>
>>> I can manually create an empty textedit window and copy the Safari page
>>> into that and then select the desired text from there but that is hard
>>> work! I feel there should be an easier approach.
>>>
>>> Many thanks for any ideas.
>>>
>>> Paul Hopewell
>>>
>>> Begin forwarded message:

>>> You can find a monthly formatted archive of all messages posted    to the
>>> Mac-Access forum at the following URL:
>>>
>>> The Mac-Access mailing list is guaranteed malware, spyware, Trojan, virus
>>> and worm-free!
>>>
>>> Please remember to update your membership options periodically by visiting
>>> the list website at:

>> You can find a monthly formatted archive of all messages posted    to the
>> Mac-Access forum at the following URL:

> Dónal Fitzpatrick
> dfitz...@computing.dcu.ie

> You can find a monthly formatted archive of all messages posted    to the
> Mac-Access forum at the following URL:

Sarah Alawami

If you  need an edit  done on a small project go to
http://music.marrie.org/master.html for more info. If you need to contact me my
info is below.

MSN and AIM: marri...@gmail.com

website: http://music.marrie.org