Hi Lynn,
You're quite correct.  CCC or SuperDuper would not back up any bootcamp
partition, you'd need another  backup utility to do that.  I'm not sure what
programs are available for such tasks, as I find CCC adequate for my needs.
This is probably a good argument in favor of single-file VM configurations, but
that's neither here nor there.  THe point to all this is yes, Lynn, you're
right.  :)
Yours,
Zack.