Hi Bryan

1Password doesn't seem to be doing a lot here, despite the fact that, I thin,
it's properly configured.  I set it up to allow us to auto-login. But still
we're being presented with website passwords and asked to save the darn thing
every time by 1Password.  We have the latest OSX extension installed and
configured.  Per Dane's suggestion of yesterday I did go in to the preferences
and configure the password preferences.  I set them to what should have been
automated mode, but to no effect it seems.

We have the latest 1Password application installed. Clearly I'm doing something
wrong but i'm absolutely baffled by what it might be.  I'm getting to the point
now where I'm contemplating using the very excellent "TrashMe" application to
zap the darn thing and then just go back to the old way of doing things,
manually.  I'd rather not, as the concept of 1Password does, I can't deny,
appeal to me.  It has some very nice side-features which although we haven't
yet used, I'm sure we could make good use of them if we could get the thing
configured.  But, it's just the usual thing I guess, time getting in the way at
the moment.

I've been working since 7 this morning to catch up with things I should have
got done this week for my paid side of things.  Those are now done and ready
for the masses on Monday.  So I'm trying now to get things configured for the
non-commercial side of our operations and just today we overcame a very large
obstacle which has been presenting a very big problem for a couple of months.

Anyway, back to the point.  I'll probably end up tearing up the existing work
sheet and starting again.  I'm not just throwing in the towel, don't get me
wrong.  I'm sure that 1Password is capable of far more and better than it's
doing right now.  I don't dispute for a second that this is most likely user
configuration error.  But at the moment it has me most confused.

As for your security concerns, yes, I understand them totally.  In fact I share
some of them.  But in all fairness, I think 1Password is pretty safe, since
it's been designed from the ground up to be so.  It's hard sometimes to let go
of old paranoia.  I still have a few of them which I just can't drop.  But I
think it's safe enough to trust 1Password.  But I think I'll drop that just for
now and see if I can set up TrueCrypt.  Lynne tried, but gave up after a while
because she found it too complicated.  Well, she isn't a bird like me, I'll
have a shot at it now and see if I can't encrypt a folder or two so that we can
store it on Drop Box etc.

Gordon