Hello Sandy, and thank you very much for responding to my query.  The problem
with using the Safari approach per your suggestion would mean that I would
manually need to go in, download the content from each site individually and
manually save it.  What I would really like to do is just grab a whole bunch of
content from a lot of different feeds and parse it offline, as it were, picking
and choosing what I wanted to read and then deleting the rest.  I spend a lot
of time away in areas where there is only limited and brief Internet
connectivity.

I will read up on Instapaper and if it appears that it is a useful tool, I will
let you know.  At any rate, thank you very much for drawing it to my attention.

Kindest regards,

Mike