For me, that cable didn't work.  I had thought it might, but,
unfortunately, I believe that is for a flat screen monitor.

    As for Maria's questions;

> 1. can i use a standard usb keyboard with the mini? or can i use the apple
> keyboard i have for my
> If i use the apple keyboard how would i pare it? would i need sighted
> assistance?

Answer; I use a USB keyboard with my Mini.  However, you can use a bluetooth
keyboard as well.  The setup is accessible.  The only "trick" is to make sure
you can type the pass code on the keyboard when you are prompted.

2.  can i use a standard monitor with the mac mini?

Answer; Yes, this won't be a problem.  You might have to get an adaptor, but
I'm not sure.
> 3. what is the command to turn voiceover on so i can start using the computer?
> is there any setup, or is there a way to turn voiceover on when the computer
> is booted?

Answer; Command F5 will toggle VoiceOver on.  When you first get the Mini, you
will go through the initial setup.  You will be asked if you want to use
VoiceOver and to use command-F5 to turn it on.  Once VoiceOver is on, it will
be on each time you reboot or turn on the Mini again.

> 4.  what software do people use to broadcast on internet radio?

Answer;  I don't have much experience with this, though I think, Nice Cast, is
a program I have heard some folks use for this.

> 5.  do i need speakers or headphones or are they built in?

Answer;  The Mini has a very nice speaker as it is.  You certainly can get
external speakers, but I use it with the one built in.  I also use my earphones
that came with my iPhone when I need to do so.

Take Care
John Panarese
jpanar...@mac-access.net