Hi Mike,

Zack has already answered your question about using the free  iBooks app to
both purchase and read ePub books. (There's both a "store" for purchasing books
and a "library" for holding ePub books or PDF books that you read in this app.
Your library can include both books you purchase from the iBooks store, and any
DRM-free eBooks that you load into the iBooks app, either by emailing them to
yourself as an attachment, or downloading them from a linked version from a web
page or Dropbox file, then opening the file in iBooks, or exporting to iBooks.)
 "Talking to Siri" is available in the Austrian iBooks store. On the main
iTunes Store home page, there's a link for "Change Country". I just checked by
changing my iTunes Store country to "Österreich" and clicking on the link in my
earlier post for "Talking to Siri".  The link worked, which means that the
title is available in your store, and the price came up as 3.99 Euros.

The easy way to change back to your country's iTunes Store is to sign into your
account, since when you change countries you are immediately signed out. On my
Mac I just press Command-Option-F to go to the search field, then VO-Down arrow
to the sign in link and activate it with VO-Space.  When I enter my login and
password, I'll get a dialog window telling me that my Apple ID is only valid
for the US iTunes Store, and that I will be switched there, so that I can try
my purchase again (even though I'm not purchasing anything). I VO-Space on the
"OK" button, and I'm switched to my account, which in my case is in the US
iTunes Store.

I think that the restrictions on iBooks titles to German language titles may
apply to eBook versions of printed titles that are released and subject to
copyright licensing distribution agreements by country -- for example, a
popular novel for which different publishing groups in each country will bid
on, for distribution sales rights.  But titles like "Talking to Siri" exist
only in electronic distributable form, and the authors make the distribution
arrangements directly with Apple's iBookstore.  There is no print copy of
"Talking to Siri" distributed, as far as I know.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther