Unfortunately, it isn't that easy, though I wish it were. The computer will
turn on but will not run the POST (Power On Self Test. There's no problem with
the power. It's the hard drive or memory or motherboard. I've worked with
hardware for quite a few years and I know these symptoms quite well. I just
don't want to put money into a computer that is several years old and which has
run almost 24/7 all of that time.

Kristeen

On Feb 9, 2012, at 4:13 PM, 1smart...@cox.net wrote:

> Kristeen,
> Not that I wish to discourage you from replacing your PC if that is what you
> really want to do. However, the fix for your PC could be as simple as a new
> power cord or a power supply, both of which are inexpensive easy fixes.
>
> Good luck with whatever you choose.
>
> Karen
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kristeen Hughes" <khwi...@gmail.com>

Kristeen Hughes