Muting speech is what I use, yes. If I need to interact with the client proper,
to read something or whatever, I use vo-x-x to switch back to the default
activity. I don't use activities very much otherwise, so find this efficient.
Yes, control works to interrupt speech as you would expect. I don't believe
developers have as much access to voiceover as you might like, they primarily
use the system voice because it is the most powerful feature they have.
Best,
Zack.

Sent from my iPhone