According to the article ml  no longer has the batter info in the menu bar. Not
true as I saw it there this morning and this after a clean install about 3
weeks ago. but here is the link. I'mtrying this anyways. lol. it's free so why
not.

http://lifehacker.com/5937698/battery-time-remaining-brings-more-battery-info-to-mountain-lions-menu-bar

Battery Time Remaining Brings More Battery Info to Mountain Lion’s Menu Bar

OS X: With Mountain Lion, Apple took away the ability to see your remaining
battery time in the menu bar. Free app Battery Time Remaining brings it back,
along with a few other goodies to keep your laptop alive.
Battery Time Remaining is a simple app that sits in your menu bar. It looks
exactly like the default battery icon, but adds a battery life indicator next
to it. Clicking on the icon brings you all the traditional options of the old
battery icon, plus a few extra features under "Advanced Mode"—particularly the
ability to customize battery notifications, so you know when it's reached a
certain level. It's handy for those of us that are always whittling our battery
down to its last few minutes.

Battery Time Remaining is a free download for OS X.

Battery Time Remaining