I  am interested.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mrs. Lynnette Annabel Smith" <ly...@mac-access.net>
To: "Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility" <mac-access@mac-access.net>
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 12:05 PM
Subject: Virtual CD-RW for Mac

Hello everybody

Have you ever used a virtual CD-RW drive under other operating systems, and
wished that you could do the same thing under Mac OS X? Well here is some great
news which might interest you – you can! A small utility called "Virtual CD-RW"
which sits on your menu bar and runs when you need it. So, if you are writing
things to CD and need to test them out regularly, you no longer need to go
through the hassle of wasting disks, or even erasing them; you can do it all on
a virtual CD-RW.

This little utility has already made it possible for Gordon to create audio
CD's, then if need be, modify them later. The advantage being that you no
longer
need to worry about writing multi-session disks and discovering that they
aren't
universally playable in every CD drive out there. We are currently testing it
with VoiceOver, because obviously with it being an application which sits on
the
menu bar, there is always the potential for inaccessibility and before we
recommend this application, we want to be certain that it is one which we can
recommend as fully usable by VoiceOver users. However, if nobody is interested
then usable or not, we won't bother the group with the details – virtual CD's
are not something which every computer user has a practical use for, and this
utility is not free – although for what we get out of it it doesn't seem unduly
expensive at just $29.00 US. So, could you please let us know if you are
interested? Gordon is also hoping to produce an audio podcast demonstrating how
this application can be used – but again, only if there is interest.

Lynne