From: "Anne Robertson" <a...@anarchie.org.uk>
To: "Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility" <mac-access@mac-access.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:31 AM
Subject: Re: Talking Goggles for IOS

Hello Brenda,

I use an iPhone 5 and the StandScan Pro is a foldable box with interior
lighting and a hole in the centre of the top. You place a smart phone, in my
case the iPhone 5, with its camera pointing down through the hole, and take
a picture of a document that you place in the bottom of the box. The box is
designed so that you get a good quality picture every time, even if you
can't see anything at all.

The best OCR app for working with the StandScan Pro is TextGrabber. However,
if you haven't got the StandScan Pro, the best OCR app for the iPhone is
Prizmo, which is much more forgiving about not having the document quite
straight.

Talking Goggles works wonderfully for identifying books, CDs and other
objects that can be compared with existing images. The cover of a particular
CD is always the same so it does not take a human to make the comparison.

I hope this clarifies things a bit.

Cheers,

Anne

On 10 Apr 2013, at 02:51, meadowlar...@cox.net wrote:

> Do any of these work on the iPhone5? Because you have a stand alone
> scanner,
> right? I'm a bit confused, so pardon me here. This is basically all new to
> me here.
>
>    I could not get Red Laser to work at all on anything.
>
> Take care and thanks. I'm keeping hold of this.
>
> Brenda

worm-free.  However, this should in no way replace your own security
strategy.  We assume neither liability nor responsibility should something
unpredictable happen.

Please remember to update your membership preferences periodically by
visiting the list website at: