Gordon,

Thanks for your response, and I have no desire to completely jump ship to
Windows.  I use Windows for work and Mac for pleasure (and some work).  I am a
mac boy, and will just keep nagging them until they eventually listen.

Tables is ok for basic stuff, but try using JAWS with Excel, it is actually
very good and has some very intuitive features to enable you to get the job
done much quicker.  As Donal pointed out there are a number of things which can
be done with Voiceover, but if you are in a hurry and need to perform tasks as
quick as your sighted colleagues, then you have to use the tools which are fit
for purpose.

I have not looked at tables for a while and not sure if it has a jump to
feature, supports VB script, Excel macros, and is able to read graphs and
charts.  Part of my job requires me to analyse and work with a lot of data and
figures.

It would be my dream to be able to ditch Windows all together.

Gordon, have you taken a look at Sony's Sound Forge for the Mac yet?  I believe
there is a free trial available.  I wonder if that might help you in anyway at
all.

Thanks

Chris