Hi All,

I posted a few more iOS app deals over at AppleVis, and thought I would mention
them here.
• bossjock studio ($4.99, reduced from $9.99) by the bossjocks
Podcasters, Voiceover Artists, DJs, this is your app. Life without fan noise is
good! bossjock studio makes it easy to create and publish rich audio
productions on your iPhone and iPad. bossjock is not an audio editor or
multitrack recorder. Visit our homepage at bossjockstudio.com to see the app in
action. bossjock studio production happens in real time. Grab some good
headphones. Load up your soundboard. Fine tune your show notes. Hit record,
trigger the mic and go. Recordings are podcast ready, no need for post
production. There's also an AppleVis podcast at:
http://www.applevis.com/podcast/episodes/bossjock-studio-mix-monitor-record-and-master-audio-fly
The App Store URL is:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bossjock-studio/id531205021?mt=8

• The Ultralingua dictionaries for iOS are on sale for 25% off (generally
$14.99 reduced from $19.99). Here's a link to the AppleVis entry for one of
these (Spanish-English Translation Dictionary and Verbs)
http://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/reference/spanish-english-dictionary-and-verbs
The corresponding App Store URL is:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spanish-english-translation/id284797552?mt=8
You'll have to search for the language dictionaries you want.  There's a free
Ultralingua Dictionary Bookshelf app you can use to check sample entries in
different languages:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ultralingua-dictionary-bookshelf/id512347062?mt=8

There's no corresponding sale of the Ultralingua dictionaries n the Mac.  I'll
also mention, from a previous list discussion on accessible Russian-English
dictionaries for the Mac, that the Word Reference web site provides very good
and accessible dictionary support for many languages, if you use an Internet
connection:
http://www.wordreference.com

O'Reilly Books have placed all their eBook titles on 50% sale today for Cyber
Monday. They sell DRM-free versions of eBooks in multiple formats - mostly
computer books. While many of these are supplied to BookShare, there are
advantages in buying from O'Reilly. First, international users might not have
Bookshare subscriptions. Secondly, they offer multiple DRM-free versions of the
eBooks that can be downloaded at any time through the account you create. This
generally includes PDF, ePub, Mobi (for Kindle), and they've been adding DAISY
format, but generally a little after books are first released.  You also
receive any updated corrections to each book. I note, with interest, that
they've been adding DAISY formats for the TaKe Control eBooks, although that
doesn't seem an available format from the Take Control site.

Here's the sale link, in shortened format:
http://oreil.ly/1jaZRDs

You should use the discount code "CYBER3" (without quotations) at checkout.
Titles of interest might be the two upcoming David Pogue books, "OS X
Mavericks: The Missing Manual", which is scheduled for mid-December release,
and "Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual, Mavericks Edition", which will
appear in January.

I also like to use the O'Reilly site to browse for information about the Take
Control guides.  Here's a shortened link that displays these guides in
publication date order:
http://bit.ly/1isfl88

I set the rotor to form controls, then flick down to the "sort by" pop up
button. I usually set the rotor to vertical navigation and flick down through
the entries, double tapping on links of interest. Remember that your list
membership lets you purchase Take Control titles at an 80% discount by
contacting Gordon or Lynne (or Travis) directly to purchase Take Control
titles.  If you have friends who are not list members, you can point them to
today's O'Reilly sale. I use the O'Reilly site to check on recent releases that
may not be in our local catalog:
http://www.mac-access.net/Take-Control.html

I also use the O'Reilly web sit to read detailed descriptions of the Take
Control book contents, since that site is easier to navigate.  You can search
for other topics.  For example, people coming to the Mac from Linux or Unix
might be interested in the 2012 volume, "Learning Unix for OS X: Going Deep
with the Terminal and Shell".  I know that Travis like some of the No Starch
Press titles that O'Reilly sells. This sale is in effect until December 3,
2013' 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time.

HTH.  Cheers,