Hi Laurel and others,

In my experience, the silence was deafening when posting such questions here. Once I received a private reply suggesting that I join the MV-DEV group. Until recently, that sadly was a dead list, and I assumed that StoryBoards and InterfaceBuilder were pretty much unusable with VO. Recently, the MV-DEV list has come back to life, and apparently there are blind developers who are successfully exploiting these xCode features. I have a lot to learn before I get out of lurking mode over there, but the one time I tried the tutorial I was totally lost and became discouraged before discovering a work-around.

Anyway, the link for the MV-DEV list is:

http://groups.google.com/group/mv-dev

From recent activity, I would think you'll have much better luck if you
repost over there, and I will definitely follow the thread!!

Best regards.
Geoff

----- Original Message ----- From: "Laurel and Stockard" <laurel.stock...@gmail.com>
To: "OS X & iOS Accessibility" <mac-access@mac-access.net>
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 8:53 PM
Subject: Apple's Xcode tutorial

Hi guys, so, I found a tutorial on starting out with Xcode by Apple. It starts by having you create a simple to do list app. I've made it as far as the "create storyboard" heading section, but now I'm stuck. Could somebody who is good at Xcode/with voiceover take a look at this and help me get unstuck? So far I've been able to make everything work well with voiceover. Here is the link https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/referencelibrary/GettingStarted/RoadMapiOS/FirstTutorial.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40011343-CH3-SW1

So, if somebody could give me some voiceover tutorials for creating storyboards and working with that and the next sections of the tutorial, I'd appreciate it. I'd also appreciate knowing what you guys think of this tutorial as a whole, helpful, or not.
Thanks
Laurel

You can find an archive of all messages posted to the Mac-Access forum at either the list's own dedicated web archive:

As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we do our very best to ensure that the Mac-Access E-Mal list remains malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and worm-free. However, this should in no way replace your own security strategy. We assume neither liability nor responsibility should something unpredictable happen.

Please remember to update your membership preferences periodically by visiting the list website at: