Hi Laurel and Jeff,

Sorry Laurel, I must have missed your original post over the Christmas period.
I more or less tuned out of all email for about two weeks.

I tried that tutorial a while back and got lost.  It’s probably my background
and training, but I always seem to have more luck following books rather than
tutorials.  If you’re a bookshare member, they have plenty of XCode stuff.
Indeed, all oreilly books are there by default.

Here’s an offer for you:  if you want to take a look on sites like:

www.oreilly.com
www.informit.com
www.apress.com
www.bookshare.org

you might find books you find interesting.  The first thing I’d do is start by
learning the Objective C language.  All cocoa apps are built on this, and a
knowledge will help you.  Anyway back to my offer:  If you find books that you
think might be of use, either post here or contact me offlist and I’ll happily
take a look for you and tell you what I think.

I’ve not done app development, but I’ve written utilities for mac.  I’m a
university academic who teaches programming (among other things) so I’ve needed
to know the basics.  App/application development is my study gig for the next
few months as I suspect I may get a course in mobile development to teach next
year.

Definitely look at MV-Dev.  It’s a nice community and nobody gets flamed for
asking anything.

Hope these ramblings help,

Dónal