This depends on  a number of things.
1. whether the music was synched using your Maverick MacBook
2. or the music came from another iTunes installation such  as one on a PC.
3. If it is music you have bought on iTunes.

If it music synched from your Maverick computer it is already there.
If it is music you have bought on iTunes you can download it onto any of
your max 5 signed in iTunes installation but you need to amend settings to
allow this -
If it is from another iTunes installation on another computer  then this is
more complicated.

If you are asking if you can use your iPod to transfer music from one
computer to another like a USB drive this is not normally allowed and is
certainly actively discouraged by Apple.  I think there may be some
unofficial Mac apps which can help but you will have to buy these.  From
what I have seen on their web sites Apple do not want to support this and
all the messages I see on their sites stress that you should never regard
your iPhone/iPad/iPod as a backup storage device. You should never consider
it possible to transfer music content  back off these devices.

There are 2 reasons for this. Firstly Apple do not want their devices to
support a potential function of music piracy.  They say that on every iTunes
library you should recreate your library using original sources CDs
external drives etc.

Secondly and more cynically, they want you to pay for this kind of
flexibility through something called iTunes Match.

the easiest way to achieve what I think you want is probably to subscribe to
itunes Match for £21.99 for at least a year. This allows you to upload your
entire iTunes Library into the cloud and can then download or stream it onto
a specified number of devices,  including your MacBook.

David Griffith