Hi Laurie,

You're welcome.  I thought Zack had provided Eric with an answer to his
question about not having to read forwarded headers earlier in this thread.  It
turns out that you can toggle on or off the viewing of the detailed mail
information with Command-Shift-H, as Zack stated, but this is separate from the
header data information specified in the "Viewing" pane of your Mail
Preferences. In other words, even if I have "Show header detail" set to "None"
so that I don't get extraneous information in the body of my forwarded email,
toggling on viewing of detailed mail information on the mail headers with
Command-Shift-H displays detailed information about the mail server, etc. for
my mail headers.

I'm still puzzled about why the "Show header detail" popup button on the
"Viewing" pane of Mail preferences should be set to a value other than
"Default", if it was not specifically changed. Like Sarah, I've never had to
change my mail settings from the viewing defaults, and hadn't seen this problem
for forwarded mail. And, as Eric stated earlier, most individuals would not
want this level of information as the default behavior for their forwarded
emails.

I hope this fixes the problem, because otherwise this seems like something that
would originate from the mail servers or Internet Service being used.

Cheers,

Esther