From: mac-access-boun...@mac-access.net
[mailto:mac-access-boun...@mac-access.net] On Behalf Of Andy Collins
Sent: 05 July 2014 16:56
To: OS X & iOS Accessibility
Subject: Re: General Mac Query - A Clarification

The way in which some of these things work can be determined by the app you
are using, and how you have things set up.

Interacting:

 For example, in the mail app, I need to  interact with the messages table
to read my mail.

When going to an address in Safari, sometimes the page doesn't open, and I
have to interact with the HTML, to open it, so that I can interact with it.
I also have to interact with phrames on websites.

Locally, I need to interact with the sidebar, and/or my home folder when
saving files etc.

It actually is quite intuitive once you get use to thinking about the phrase
'interact.' If you just want to read something, then that is what you do,
but if you want to open something, select something or edit something, you
may well have to 'interact.' -

Andy
On 5 Jul 2014, at 16:22, Eleanor Martha Burke <eleanormarthabu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All, I have been coming to terms with a Mac for over 6 weeks now on a
daily basis and a little before that from time to time.  However there are
some concepts I really cannot come to work out which by now should be fairly
obvious to me.  Hope someone can clarify these for me.

> At this point I would like to say I have good experience of Windows and it
is because of this I am finding some of these Mac concepts difficult rather
than them being intuitive.

> Here goes then,
>
> 1. I think as a rule of thumb quic nav is mainly used for navagating the
web but not otherwise.  Is this correct?
> 2. While I know that single key navagation can be used with the tab key, I
cannot work out when I need to tab and when I need to vo right arrow.
> 3. Interacting and uninteracting, I just don't know when and when not to
do this.  When someone has guided me they have said to interact and now
uninteract, left to my own devices I cannot make a decision as to when to
interact and when not to.

> Sorry if these are silly questions but I think once I have clarification
on these I will have moved forward quite a pace with my Mac.

> You can find an archive of all messages posted    to the Mac-Access forum
at either the list's own dedicated web archive:

> As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we do our very best to ensure
that the Mac-Access E-Mal list remains malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and
worm-free.  However, this should in no way replace your own security
strategy.  We assume neither liability nor responsibility should something
unpredictable happen.

visiting the list website at:

worm-free.  However, this should in no way replace your own security
strategy.  We assume neither liability nor responsibility should something
unpredictable happen.

Please remember to update your membership preferences periodically by
visiting the list website at: