> Date:          Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:28:08 -0400
> From:          [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Sorry everyone, my one year-old just hit send on the email I was
> preparing to send  :)
>
> I just got the digest and yes, I recall that Basilisk II handles
> disk copying just fine. I also found a utility for the PC that is
> free that may also create disk copy-compatible. The link is here:
>
> http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/bergert/diskimg.htm

Craig, you're a brave man to let your one-year-old have access to
your email. :-)  When my son was one, I was introducing him to
computers with a little PC program called BabyKeys. Maybe it'll run
under SoftWindows when we get done.

I tried to install diskimg, but it wanted Windows NT (I'm running
95). ShrinkWrp seemed to set up OK (it's just a DOS command line
program) and it did create an image differently than I created (a few
bytes extra) than I did with RAWREAD. I'll be separately emailing the
two disk images to you when I finish testing them on this end with
Basilisk II.

Got a Basilisk II issue for those of you who have more experience.
Just to get up and running quickly (I'm short of hard drive space), I
created a little 50 MB HFV file and loaded in the System Folder from
the Mac OS 7.5 Network Access Disk. It boots OK, but there are some
features I'm missing.

1) The GUI setup states that I can turn on a "My Computer" feature
which allows me direct access to my PC's files. I turned it on, but
the feature doesn't come up. Is there something I'm missing because
of the version of the OS I'm using or because it's not a full OS
install? Right now I have to use TransMac to move a file into the HFV
file.

2) Disk Copy 4.2 will run in the environment, but it won't directly
read a floppy. I was able to get a Mac floppy to mount, but Disk Copy
wouldn't have anything to do with it. The "Read Master Disk" option
is greyed out. I was able to get Basilisk II to mount the floppy
(without having to create an HFV image first), and I tried both
drag/dropping it to the open Disk Copy 4.2 window and drag/dropping
it to the Disk Copy icon. Nada.

Darren, you mentioned a Disk Copy 3.5. Would you send that to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (my binary drop box)? It might work better. In the
meantime, I'm going to see what ShrinkWrap does (I have 3.0 and 3.5).

Gregg, if you know someone with that Quadra 650 ROM, would you ask
them to send it to me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] The ROM I'm using is a Quadra
700/900 ROM, which Basilisk II says itself "This is the worst known 1
MB ROM".

This is an interesting learning experience for me, and perhaps at the
end Craig will get his disks yet!

Thanksamundo!
Mike Webb the MUGWump (of course, aren't we all?)

--
I'm a MUGWump: My "MUG" is on the Mac side of the fence (since mid-2002), and
my "Wump" is on the PC side (since 1989). I've been on the trailing edge of