on 04/2/5 3:01 PM, Gretchen Summers at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I hope you don't mind if I vent.
>
> I went into a local business today (actually a small one--I usually get
> this at the large retailers), and mentioned something about having Macs
> and a PC networked.  As usual, I got the "why don't you get rid of the
> Mac" routine (this is just one of many times I have heard this sort of
> remark).  I just don't understand the hostility I experience from PC
> user's toward Macs.  My guess is that not one of these PC people has
> ever even tried a Mac, and don't have a clue about what they are
> trashing.
>
> I admit, I am more Mac oriented because that is what I used first.  I
> realize we (Mac user's) live in a predominantly PC world.  I have
> worked hard to make, at least in my household, PCs and Macs work
> together.
>
> Do "PC only" people feel threatened by Macs?  Are Macs just
> misunderstood, and therefore, feared??  I'd like to know why I get such
> negativity.
>
> *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
> Gretchen Summers
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

My wife's uncle recently asked my advice on what type of computer to get.  I
asked him first what he intended to use it for.  He replied that he wanted a
machine that could handle e-mail, word processing, browsing, but he
eventually wanted to get into digital photography and possibly video
editing.  I told him to get a Mac.  He immediately replied a solid "NO".
His voice sounded like it had fear lodged behind it.  He ended up getting a
Dell and it hasn't been an easy road at all for him.  I'm trying to setup a
wireless router for him and it's been a nightmare.  I have the same model at
my house and all I had to do was plug it in, attach what needed to be
attached, followed 4 steps and it's been chugging along ever since.  His, on
the other hand, I had to run some setup program that didn't really do much.
His wife can't connect via her laptop and his e-mail is screwed up.  I'm
going to have to do the whole thing manually.

I'm guessing it's not really fear or a misunderstanding, but rather
brainwashing.