Marta Edie wrote:

> Tony,
> We found and implemented the upgrade to 6.2.9, but now tell me why you
> think it is downgraded? I use it primarily to write documents, so I
> cannot tell what the other modules do, the only regret I have is, that
> it does not have a German dictionary to consult, while it has French (
> mind you after that freedom disaster
> !!- I still haven't gotten over the freedom fries and wanting to
> change Louisville into a city with a more anglified name!) as well as
> Italian and Spanish dictionary attached to it. Do tell me why it is
> looking prettier ??? and apparently in your opinion doing less?
> Marta

All I can tell you is what I've been told. They eliminated macros and
removed several features from the graphics part of the program. I don't
know if they made any improvements to the other modules.

I don't know why Apple removed macro support. I think it was a real work
horse. It gave you the ability to select several menu commands and put
them all in one Function button. Plus it made animations possible. As
for the graphics features, I don't think anyone would miss them. Very
few people, if any, use AppleWorks for image editing. Most of the people
I know only use the program for Word Processing and maybe a database.

--
Tony LaFemina
When you want to do more than just buy software
mailto:remacs at optonline.net