Hello Anne,

I am wondering if the install of Tigger was complete for your system?
(You have listed a few oddities since updating...)

If you start up Dictionary and open its preferences do you have a
choice for the contextual menu; either Open Dictionary Application or
Open Dictionary Panel?

                        Jerry

On Jan 29, 2006, at 10:23 PM, Anne Cartwright wrote:

> I'm using Tiger and when I highlight a word and try the control-
> click thing, the contextual menu that pops up doesn't have "Look Up
> In Dictionary" as one of its choices.
>
> Anne
>>
>> On Jan 29, 2006, at 5:00 PM, Jerry Yeager wrote:
>>
>>> Also you can select a word or phrase in the Mail message (or in
>>> other apps) and then hold down the control key while you click on
>>> the highlighted selection. A contextual menu will pop-up with
>>> "Look Up In Dictionary" being one of the choices.
>>>
>>> Jerry
>

> | The next meeting of the Louisville Computer Society will
> | be January 24  at Pitt Academy, 6010 Preston Highway.
> | The LCS Web page is <http://www.kymac.org>.
> | List posting address: <mailto:macgroup at erdos.math.louisville.edu>
> | List Web page: <http://erdos.math.louisville.edu/macgroup>

Someday, I will come up with a clever signature line. I am not sure
if I will use it or not, but I will come up with one. In the mean
time this next one will have to do:

U.S. Constitution: Fourth Amendment

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses,
papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures,
shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable
cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing
the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.