I think I've gotten all my computer's quirks fixed. In attempting to get
iWork to work, I tried all the usual things and eventually deleted the
System caches. This solved many problems. Now all seems OK. Apple's Mail
application works both to receive and send, but meanwhile I've gotten
use to Thunderbird. And this control-click things for Dictionary doesn't
seem to work in Thunderbird. It does in Mail.

Anne