Before I went to system X, I had a Mac G4, system 8,  and  was using an
Epson Perfection model 164OSU. I was very happy with the scanner and the
software, which included an OCR.

But when I  switched to a Mac G5 and System 10.3, I could not get the
Epson to work, and I got talked into a HP Scanjet 4570C.  This scanner
plugs into one of my few USB slots, is a little flakey, in that when you
unplug it, and use the USB slot for something else, I often need to fool
around to get it working again. The scans are ok, but the software is
terrible. But now and then, when I have lots of time, with this mechine,
I can scan 35mm negitives.

By the way, do any members know where I can purchase a simple OCR that
with work with my system?

Neal Hammon