Are you using a lot of drop shadows and other translucent graphics? These
can really make a PDF crash and burn on other machines.

I usually have to use trial and error, deleting certain elements, creating a
new PDF, and narrowing that down until I find an element that is causing the
problem.

There is also a whole PDF troubleshooting section on Adobe's website. I
can't find the URL right now, but go and search for PDF troubleshooting for
more suggestions.

> I create pdf's by printing my Appleworks document and instead of hitting
> the print button I save the document as a pdf.
>
> Several people, to whom I've sent these pdf's  via email, and who have
> PC'S can open them but not print them. If I send them to my wife's PC,
> she has no problem printing them.
>
> One person, can open the pdf's but the photos do not show up and he
> cannot print them. One person is not using acrobat reader to open them
> but another is. And neither can print them.
>
> Any suggestions how to make my pdf's PC friendly?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Harry
>

> | The next meeting of the Louisville Computer Society will
> | be May 25. The LCS Web page is <http://www.kymac.org>.
> | List posting address: <mailto:macgroup at erdos.math.louisville.edu>
> | List Web page: <http://erdos.math.louisville.edu/macgroup>

Kind regards,
Andy
a0arno01 at athena.louisville.edu

Remember the two most important things in life:
      1. Don't tell everyone everything you know
      2.

The software box said, "Windows XP or better," so I bought a Macintosh.

"Macintosh. We may not have done everything right, but at least we knew
the century was going to end."-Douglas Adams