On Nov 21, 2004, at 9:20 AM, Stuart Ungar wrote:

> I think there is also the minimalist factor.  I am
> trying to get away from all the different boxes and
> wires that typically go with electronic equipment.

That's a good point, and certainly one to consider. My TV-watching area
is already a mess of cables, speakers, and boxes, and I really
appreciate being wireless with the iBook.

And John Robinson says:

  "With EyeTV you can opt to have the show made into a QuickTime movie,
which you could then send to another person, collect a series and store
offline, etc. etc.  Of course you could take the show and put it into
iLife or Final Cut Pro and work with various clips to remove unwanted
material, or take a section and include in your home movie (careful of
copyright infringement)."

If your Tivo records to DVD (presumably you can use re-writable
disks?), can you then load whatever format it uses into QT/iLife and
edit out the commerc-- er, unwanted material -- on a Mac? (iMac, in my
case, as it has a bigger hard drive) Then write it back to a
non-re-writable DVD?

Thanks for your valuable insights!

Alex