George: Consider yourself lucky. About the time I installed system 10.4, my HP scanner gave up the ghost entirely. It wouldn't even turn on any more. I never cared much for the HP clunky software, so I do not mind buying something better. I'm thinking about a Cannon. But I think I shall wait until after Christmas before making serious inquiries at the computer stores.
Neal Hammon On Dec 42, 1120072007, at 8:32 AM, George H. Yankey wrote: Matt, I tried that and it did not solve my problem. George On Dec 1, 2007, at 11:30 AM, Matt Frost wrote: > some drivers are operating system specific. Go to http:// > welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html and type in your > printer's model number and download the driver for it. Install it > and everything should be back to normal. :-D > > -Matt > > On Dec 1, 2007, at 11:16 AM, George H.Yankey wrote: > >> We have been using HP's scanner and printer for the last five or six >> years with good results ; however, >> last week we upgrades our OS from X 10.3.9 to X 10.4 and now we are >> having scanner problems. >> When scanning a picture or text both the image and the background >> are green. >> >> HP's help refers me to Mac's ColorSynch utility. In the first place, >> I don't know anything about ColorSynch and in the second place, when >> I looked at ColorSynch's Devise option the scanner does not show up. >> I downloaded scanner driver updates and that did not help. >> Do we have an outdated scanner that is not compatible with 10.4 or >> is something else going on? >> Help would be appreciated! >> >> George >> >> >> _______________________________________________ >> The next Louisville Computer Society meeting will >> be January 22 at MacAuthority, 128 Breckinridge Lane. >> Posting address: MacGroup at erdos.math.louisville.edu >> Information: http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup >> > > www.MattFro.com > > _______________________________________________ > The next Louisville Computer Society meeting will > be January 22 at MacAuthority, 128 Breckinridge Lane. > Posting address: MacGroup at erdos.math.louisville.edu > Information: http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup _______________________________________________ The next Louisville Computer Society meeting will be January 22 at MacAuthority, 128 Breckinridge Lane. Posting address: MacGroup at erdos.math.louisville.edu Information: http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: http://www.math.louisville.edu/pipermail/macgroup/attachments/20071202/ef03e56f/attachment.html
