Harry, I would think so, not sure the cutoff on TimeMachine but I have always
understood it to truncate the old when the drive gets full, so a 1 TB drive
would do the same as a 4 TB, the larger would have longer dated backups but
they both would fill…maybe others know better, I would like to know.

John