On Jul 4, 2017, at 10:19 PM, Anne Cartwright <cartw...@aye.net
<mailto:cartw...@aye.net>> wrote:

> In the menu bar at the top of my Documents Folder on my new iMac there is a
> “?.”
>
> When I click on it, I get a window that says “This item can’t be found.
>
> I didn’t know you could add files or folders to the menu bar at the top of
> this window; however when I check my old iMac, there is a folder. One of mine
> that I must have put there? Actually that same folder is on my desktop as an
> alias.
>
> How do I get rid of the “?” and how dis i get a folder up there on my old
> computer.

You can add files to the Finder toolbar by holding down the ⌘ (command) key and
draging the file's icon into the toolbar. If the file is later deleted or
moved, it shows a ?. To remove the ?, hold down ⌘ and drag the ? out of the
toolbar. It will disappear in a poof of virtual smoke.

It works pretty much the same as the launchbar—which I never use.

L^2

---
‌Lee Larson‌
‌leelar...@me.com <mailto:leelar...@me.com>‌

‌I’m always relieved when someone is delivering a eulogy and I realize I’m
listening to it. ‌— George Carlin
‌‌

‌‌‌