How can I erase the backups on my Time Machine? The problem is that the backups
were made on my “old” iMac. And when I hooked up my “new iMac it recognizes it
as a separate machine - which it is, even though the material on the “new” iMac
is the same as on the “old “ i Mac. And since it recognizes it as a new machine
it want to backup all that is on my “new” machine. Now just what has been
changed or is new since the last backup.

I have hooked the Time Capsule to my “old” i Mac with an ethernet cable but
apparently I have somehow transferred Time Machine to my “new’ IMac and I get
the message that “There isn’t enough space on my Time Capsule.” The same
message I get from my ‘’new” i Mac.

“new iMac”: Time Machine Preferences>Options: Options doesn’t show anything and
I hesitate trying to guess what should be there to delete. I want to delete all
and start over with my “new” i Mac. I have a backup on an external  LaCie HD.

On my “old” iMac, I get: System Preferences>Time Machine>and a window with the
LaCe and two Time Machines listed and another choice of: To add or remove a
backup disk. However I don’t believe this will erase the material on the Time
Machine.

How can I clear the Time Machine. Any ideas.

Anne