Sorry for the delay, traveling this week.  Will be back Friday.

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 11:46 AM,  <alexander.roess...@zuehlke.com> wrote:
> I'm working on getting the Replicape to work with the Jessie Machinekit
> images. Here are my findings so far:
>
> I had to replace the Xenomai kernel with the RT-PREEMPT kernel. I think some
> configuration for the Xenomai kernel might be missing. However, I think the
> RT-PREEMPT kernel should work fine too.

So with v4.4.x-xenomai we get 3.0.x Xenomai vs 2.6.x Xenomai with the
old 3.8.13.. I know Xenomai userspace changed.

> Then I tried to get the cape-universal overlays for my application. As part
> of the process I created the two PRs:
> https://github.com/cdsteinkuehler/beaglebone-universal-io/pull/48
> https://github.com/beagleboard/bb.org-overlays/pull/42

When i looked at that, it was referenced as not ready. If it's ready
i'll pull it in..

fyi: in the bb.org-overlays repo, since we utilized the pre-processor
for a few #define's, i've been experimenting ways to keep all the cape
universal overlays in sync:

https://github.com/beagleboard/bb.org-overlays/blob/master/src/arm/univ-bbb-EVA-00A0.dts#L17-L19

i have the "univ-bbb-XXX-00A0.dts" tied into U-Boot overlays:

http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#U-Boot_Overlays

> The Replicape uses some pins usually occupied with the HDMI audio pins and I
> experience some problems using config-pin to pinmux these pins.
> sudo config-pin P9_25 in
>
> [sudo] password for machinekit:
> bash: /sys/devices/platform/ocp/ocp*P9_25_pinmux/state: No such file or
> directory
>
> Cannot write pinmux file: /sys/devices/platform/ocp/ocp*P9_25_pinmux/state
>
> I experience this problem with the following pins:
> P9.25
> P9.28
> P9.29
> P9.31
>
> The slots file looks as follows:
> machinekit@beaglebone:~$ cat /sys/devices/platform/bone_capemgr/slots
>  0: P-----  -1 Replicape 3D printer cape,0B3A,Intelligent
> Agen,BB-BONE-REPLICAP
>
>  1: PF----  -1
>  2: PF----  -1
>  3: PF----  -1
>  4: P-O-L-   0 Override Board Name,00A0,Override Manuf,cape-universaln
>

> Robert, do you maybe have an idea what could be the problem?

It looks like once that peripheral took the pins in the first overlay,
the kernel locked them so the 2nd overlay couldn't modify them
anymore.  Might be best to add the config-pin options to the replicape
overlay, or just use the cape-universaln as-is.

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/