Am Mittwoch, 22. März 2017 04:47:47 UTC+1 schrieb Robert Nelson:

> Sorry for the delay, traveling this week.  Will be back Friday.
>
> On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 11:46 AM,  <alexander...@zuehlke.com <javascript:>>
> wrote:
> > I'm working on getting the Replicape to work with the Jessie Machinekit
> > images. Here are my findings so far:
> >
> > I had to replace the Xenomai kernel with the RT-PREEMPT kernel. I think
> some
> > configuration for the Xenomai kernel might be missing. However, I think
> the
> > RT-PREEMPT kernel should work fine too.
>
> So with v4.4.x-xenomai we get 3.0.x Xenomai vs 2.6.x Xenomai with the
> old 3.8.13.. I know Xenomai userspace changed.

Then I guess this would require changes in Machinekit too. Therefore, I
suggest switching to the RT-PREEMPT kernel as default for the Jessie images.

> > Then I tried to get the cape-universal overlays for my application. As
> part
> > of the process I created the two PRs:
> > https://github.com/cdsteinkuehler/beaglebone-universal-io/pull/48
> > https://github.com/beagleboard/bb.org-overlays/pull/42
>
> When i looked at that, it was referenced as not ready. If it's ready
> i'll pull it in..

> fyi: in the bb.org-overlays repo, since we utilized the pre-processor
> for a few #define's, i've been experimenting ways to keep all the cape
> universal overlays in sync:
>

> https://github.com/beagleboard/bb.org-overlays/blob/master/src/arm/univ-bbb-EVA-00A0.dts#L17-L19

Clever solution.

> i have the "univ-bbb-XXX-00A0.dts" tied into U-Boot overlays:
>
> http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#U-Boot_Overlays

Now I'm confused. What is the difference between cape-universala,
univ-bbb-EVA and univ-all ? Is there a reason for having three
separate capes?

> > The Replicape uses some pins usually occupied with the HDMI audio pins
> and I
> > experience some problems using config-pin to pinmux these pins.
> > sudo config-pin P9_25 in
> >
> > [sudo] password for machinekit:
> > bash: /sys/devices/platform/ocp/ocp*P9_25_pinmux/state: No such file or
> > directory
> >
> > Cannot write pinmux file:
> /sys/devices/platform/ocp/ocp*P9_25_pinmux/state
> >
> > I experience this problem with the following pins:
> > P9.25
> > P9.28
> > P9.29
> > P9.31
> >
> > The slots file looks as follows:
> > machinekit@beaglebone:~$ cat /sys/devices/platform/bone_capemgr/slots
> >  0: P-----  -1 Replicape 3D printer cape,0B3A,Intelligent
> > Agen,BB-BONE-REPLICAP
> >
> >  1: PF----  -1
> >  2: PF----  -1
> >  3: PF----  -1
> >  4: P-O-L-   0 Override Board Name,00A0,Override Manuf,cape-universaln
> >

> > Robert, do you maybe have an idea what could be the problem?
>
> It looks like once that peripheral took the pins in the first overlay,
> the kernel locked them so the 2nd overlay couldn't modify them
> anymore.  Might be best to add the config-pin options to the replicape
> overlay, or just use the cape-universaln as-is.

The Replicape cape is not installed and therefore does not affect my setup.

I figured out that this problem seems to occur in the TI kernels only. With
the following kernel
Linux beaglebone 4.4.55-bone-rt-r16 #1 PREEMPT RT Tue Mar 21 10:06:36 UTC
2017 armv7l GNU/Linux
it does work as expected.

Since I would like to use the SGX drivers which come with the TI kernel ->
where can I best report this problem?

I will proceed with the mainline kernel for now and report back if I have
troubles or on success.