Hi Charles/Nick

I too am having an issue with a PRU control files not found in
/sys/class/uio/uio0 >&2 error - I'm not sure it this will help but I'll
explain my findings from the little testing I have done today.

Yesterday I rebuilt my
"bone-debian-8.5-machinekit-armhf-2016-07-18-4gb.img" based machinekit to
the "bone-debian-8.7-machinekit-armhf-2017-02-12-4gb.img" and with a couple
of small tweaks to the .hal and ,ini files I got it working.

When I rebooted this morning I got the PRU error.

I have now had a little time to investigate and find that on the second
attempt of starting machinekit it works - this is consistent across
multiple reboot attempts.

Happy to provide further input if requested.

@Charles - I'd also like to thank you for all you effort.  Reading your
posts inspired me to get my linuxcnc system running on a Beaglebone and I
am very grateful.